[78-L] Collectors and 'hoarders'

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Wed Nov 11 22:51:26 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven C. Barr" <stevenc at interlinks.net>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:50 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Collectors and 'hoarders'

      My son went to a tag sale this summer, saw a box of 78's. Asked the
guy HOW much. Told him his DAD was into 78 records, guy sez" Oh take them,
be glad to see that SOMEONE would enjoy them"!Gees, as my kids move into the
early 30's they actually appreciate the old music and records!!This kid
had/has a ear for music. I'd hear him banging out a tune, on the piano;
gees! I KNOW that one! He sez" Well, I heard your record, and liked the
tune" IF ya got kids, get an old, crappy piano, to bang away on. Ya NEVER
know, they MIGHT have an ear for music?Good thing in their deformative
years!

    YMMV?

    Bob