[78-L] Collectors and 'hoarders'

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Nov 11 19:59:47 PST 2009

VERY definitely a "hoarder!" I'll happily acquire ANY 78's that are (1) VERY
cheap...and
(2) that I'm fairly sure I don't already own!

In fact, the whole point of my "hoard" is to try and acquire as many
different non-classical
78's as possible...in order to ensure that there still exist as many as
possible of the issued
78's of the 18??-194? era...that there are NO 78rpm phonorecords for which
it can be
said "There WAS such a record...but no copies exist, so we have no idea what
it
sounded like!"

There are probably MANY such "unknown" records from the 194?-1960 period!

Steven C. Barr