[78-L] Collectors/Hoarders.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 11 12:21:49 PST 2009

Hi Brad!

My answer to this had always been to colour code the edges of 78rpm
sleeves with various coloured sticky tapes.

Let's say you have RED at the top of the sleeve to denote...I don't
know, let's say a tenor player....an BLUE lower down to show that
it's Ben Webster. So RED (top) and BLUE (bottom) = Ben Webster.

YELLOW at the top could mean a big-band and BLUE lower down could be,
say,...Duke Ellington etc.

As you get more tenor-players you get into two colour combinations,
even three colour combinations, but you list the code on one page of
a book and you can find records within a minute or so this way!

So, to coin a phrase, 'get stuck in'! ;-)

Earl.