[78-L] REcord "collectors"? Record (and more) "hoarders"?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Nov 10 22:29:25 PST 2009

Do you have the exact URLs of the two articles?  I'm not going to waste
my time looking thru the entire website of this Murdoch rag.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: Steve Ramm <steveramm78l at hotmail.com>
> Though we say we collect, many of us realize that we also accumulate - or in many cases HOARD - stuff. (I'm not quite to the hoard stage but certainly well above "accumulate"). This article in today's Wall St. Journal shows the effect on family and home life and some of you might find "interesting" so I'm sharing it. (then again, if you are a serious hoarder you will probably think it's useless <g>).

When Hoarders Make Life Miserable for Others - WSJ.com

Today's article refers to an earlier one, which I had not previously
read but I'll reference here:

Compulsive Hoarding Affects up to 2% of the Population - WSJ.com

There's a reality show on about Hoarding but it's on cable (which I
don't get) so I've not seen it.

Anyway, I thought this was worth sharing as my guess is that MOST of
those on this list are, in some way, "hoarders". And no, I on't want to
start a thread of humor here. If the subject doesn't appeal to you, just
hit delete ;-)

Steve Ramm