[78-L] Oscar & Austin/Auston

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 10 13:36:34 PST 2009

Interesting coincidence! Both names are spelled correctly, but Lord shows
nothing for Austin before 1973. Auston Roberts is on many of Oscar's Canadian
Victors and the transcriptions recorded for RCI in 1951..I don't see Austin
listed anywhere as recording with him.

Okay, I see what's happened...whoever compiled this discography (which is
absolutely useless..no matrix numbers, all of which are in Lord) confused the
two musicians. It's Auston, playing bass, in 1951..and not on Clef but on CBC
transcriptions which are now on CD.

dl