[78-L] Phil Harris/Andy Razaf

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Nov 8 22:13:04 PST 2009

Does anyone know for sure (i.e. from the sheet music or some publishing
source) who actually wrote That's What I Like About The South?

I always assumed it was Phil Harris,  as he is credited as composer on both
his 40s ARA version and his 1937 Vocalion (aka "The Groove Song").

Someone told me that it was actually Andy Razaf,  and I checked on the
internet and there are several places where he is indeed credited as having
written the tune.

Knowing how much misinformatioin gets circulated because of one or two wrong
posts on the Internet,  I'd like to know for sure about this one.

Thanks from

Taylor