[78-L] classical stuff

Matthew Duncan duncdude2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 8 15:29:20 PST 2009

I like hearing about classical 78s and music as it is an emerging interest for me...have collected rock n roll, jazz, blues and country along with other types of 78s for a while but not classical...am now beginning to appreciate both classical and opera...
I have some pre 1910 single sided Gramophone Co. records by Caruso and others and lots of orchestral and solo items from 1910s to 50s so far...mainly 20s and 30s recordings.

I especially enjoyed listening to Irene Scharrer's Columbia Chopin 78s the other day...
looking forward to further threads on the 'classics'...
Matthew Duncan
UK.