[78-L] classical stuff

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Sun Nov 8 13:00:25 PST 2009

O.K. How abour my Brahms Piano Concerto No. 1 in B Major by Wilhelm Backhaus
and the BBC Symphony Orch. under Adrian Boult.
on five 12 inchers from HMV with tiny little stickers on each record "Made
In England For Radio Corporation of America"
How did that occur? An English studio recording, bought in Holland, on an
English label with an English Orchestra but  with that mysterious little
U.S.A.sticker.

Al Simmons