[78-L] Happy 100th, Johnny Mercer

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Nov 7 19:08:31 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Austin" <jaustin214 at yahoo.com>
> This, btw, is my first posting to this list.  I don't know why I have not
> joined prior to now, but it seems like a interesting group of extremely
> knowledgeable people.

78-L is essentially a digital version of "Record Research"....obviously, we
can exchange
information and comments much faster than the various correspondents to RR!

It is only sad that we have lost so many knowledgable contributors through
the
inevitable communications issues that effectively define communication via
e-mail!!

The long "turnaround time" of communicating via Len Kunstadt's publication
meant there weren't the same complications; however, both had the same
intent...sharing information concerning 78rpm phonorecords...!

Steven C. Barr