[78-L] classical stuff

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Nov 7 18:53:12 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher at pdq.net>
> Glad to know I'm not the only one here that collects classical on 78 rpm.

The other fact involved is this: 78rpm recordings of popular music are most
usually the only remaining example of how the songs were played/
interpreted when they were first played! Classical recordings generally
used already-extant scores, and vary only in the individual interpretations
of the different conductors!

I don't hear a lot of difference, for example, in the various 78rpm album
sets containing Beethoven's Fifth Symphony...perhaps I need to learn the
differences...?!

Steven C. Barr