[78-L] saving an album

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Sat Nov 7 16:13:59 PST 2009

Booklets, printed sleeves and advertising are much rarer than the records themselves. Unfortunately if paper is mildewed there's no cure and it will spread to other materials. If the albums are really interesting, a dry wipe and plenty of bright sunlight (in November he sez?) or other UV source will help but these should be quarantined. A very light shot of insecticide while they're outdoors might be in order but those sprays are oil-based and can cause stains if applied too liberally. If you get a high-res scan you won't have to access them again anyway.
David Diehl,
Retired librarian

Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com