[78-L] classical stuff

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 6 08:31:57 PST 2009

Which Wood? Aside from an acoustical version in 1919, Sir Henry recorded it
with the New Queen's Hall Orchestra on English Columbia 9313/5, issued as
American Set 41, and with the LSO on English DX 551/3, US 68302/4D in set M216.
WERM lists the Schalk only as Odeon O-6813/5 but US Columbia had it in print by
1931 (Gramophone Shop catalog) as Set 122. Presumably it was a more up to date
recording than Set 41.

dl