[78-L] NOt a 78 BUT do we really need another OC album of "Sound of Music"

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Nov 3 21:56:27 PST 2009

I had never realized that the RCA Victor original casts and soundtracks
were on Red Seal labels in Canada.  They're black label here in the U.S.
 Leah and I were surprised to find the Sound of Music soundtrack on a
Red Seal label in the Goodwill in Whitby Ontario last month.  It was
trashed so we didn't get it, but did get a few Red Seal shows at a great
store we found in Toronto such as Hello Dolly which had three or four
different covers in the U.S. and we were curious what the Canadian cover
would compare.  My best find in that store was a stereo copy of Peter
Sellers and Sophia Loren on Canadian Angel -- been looking for a stereo
to supplement my mono copy for 45 years.
That album had been discussed here a few days earlier.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com