[78-L] One Sided Red Vocalion Records..??

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Nov 3 17:20:31 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Steven C. Barr wrote:

Well, all US Vocalions were on "red" shellac until around (or just before)
the time
Vocalion was merged into Brunswick...and they heavily advertised their "red
records" at that time! As far as the original question...virtually all the
labels which
issued classical records prior to 1922 did so on single-sided
records...there are
even SF classical Columbias!

Steven C. Barr