[78-L] Jules Bledsoe [was Roland Hayes]

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 1 14:59:56 PST 2009

For those who tuned in late, let's list these and see what else is out there. I
have:

ROYALE 1703: JULES BLEDSOE, baritone with orchestra, recorded in Europe
DEEP RIVER (mx 75166, no pre- or suf-fix)
GO DOWN MOSES (mx P75168-1)
	(nice store stock copy, too, from Rich Conaty)

MUSIC APPRECIATION RECORDS unnumbered: BARITONE SOLO
THAT'S WHY DARKIES WERE BORN (mx DF 36)
OL' MAN RIVER (mx DF 37)

Rust lists as "New York, c. late 1939-early 1940":

POOR MO'NAH	JD 8001
GO DOWN MOSES	JD 8001, Royale 1703
DEEP RIVER	JD 8002, Royale 1703
WAKE UP JACOB	JD 8002

No matrix numbers shown in Rust. Ultraphon makes sense, since Django's first
Ultraphonies are December 1934 beginning at P77161.

dl