[78-L] Billy Murray Memorial (delete if offensive)^

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Sat Oct 31 07:24:01 PDT 2009

I would have never believed it if you told me that some 78 members who suggested honoring Billy Murray at his final resting place, would be subjected to such rancor and ridicule here on the 78-list. Since when is what we are suggesting, and trying to achieve some sort of violation of the 78-list rules ? Billy Murray was one of the most popular and best selling artists of the 78rpm era, and his achievements are well known. So I really can't understand that we who want to honor him and his legacy during the 78rpm era with a more suitable memorial at his gravesite , are being sneered at and condemned by a vocal few. Just let it go !! if you don't want to participate or contribute, don't ! We can agree to disagree, and remain fellow collectors and active 78listers who share a common love for our hobby. PEACE !!