[78-L] Rudy Vallee writes about SEX! SEX! SEX!

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 29 13:25:22 PDT 2009

Michael Biel wrote:
> From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
>> he seemed very worried about the fact that so many people thought
>> he'd had sex with a certain very well know singer and film actress
>> while she was singing with his band in the early 30s...
>
> I would have paid EXTRA to that performance !!!!
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

I can't imagine where such rumors might have originated....

http://prplheart.blogspot.com/2009/06/alice-faye-in-30s.html
12/7/1933 LAX Louella O. Parsons Were we right? Alice Faye, Rudy Vallee's
sweetie, reaches here Saturday to go into the George White "Scandals." We said,
didn't we, that Rudy, the crooner lad, would eat his Christmas dinner with
sweet Alice, and it's come true. The report continues that Mr. Vallee will hop
off to Mexico, get his divorce from Fay Webb (same old divorce that has been
hanging fire for nearly a year) and marry his girl friend.12/9/1933 EHE
VALLEE'S FRIEND HERE Big photo of Alice Faye Alice Faye, above, blues singer
whose name has been linked with that of Rudy Vallee since the break between the
crooner and his wife, Fay Webb Vallee, arrived in LA today to start work in a
film. Vallee will arrive here Tuesday to play in the same picture at the Fox
studios. Mrs. Vallee claims Vallee wants to divorce her so he can marry 'a
radio singer.12/10/1933 LAX ALICE DENIES RUDY ROMANCE When interviewers in New
York questioned Rudy Vallee, crooner and estranged husband of Fay Webb, about
his reported new dream girl, Alice Faye, blonde dancer, he replied that she was
"just a pal." And yesterday upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Miss Faye was
equally emphatic in denying any romance between herself and the singer. Miss
Faye will remain here until the completion of the film version of George
White's Scandals in which she is to appear at Fox Studios.12/12/1933 LAX VALLEE
HERE DENIES ALICE FAYE ROMANCE Rudy Vallee arrived in Los Angeles from the East
yesterday, denying there was a new romance in his life and declaring he had no
immediate intention of seeking a divorce from Fay Webb Vallee. Vallee, here to
fill a film engagement with the Fox Studio, said he had the highest praise,
"both personally and professionally," for Alice Faye, blues singer, with whom
his name has been linked during the past several weeks. "But as for a romance
with Miss Faye, I'll have to admit that such a thing is untrue," said Vallee,
accompanied from the East by his Alaskan dog, "Windy." "I have the highest
regard for Miss Faye and consider her a most charming and talented person. She
is under personal contract to me, and I believe she is a marvelous theatrical
find." NO DIVORCE NOW Vallee, who arrived on the Santa Fe Chief, declared he
had no intention at the present time of seeking a divorce from Fay Webb Vallee,
daughter of Santa Monica's chief of police, Clarence Webb. "I haven't seen Mrs.
Vallee since we parted on April 3, last year," said Vallee. "I can't say
whether I shall see her while I'm here." To queries of a possible
reconciliation with his estranged wife, the crooner and orchestra leader was
silent. Vallee will remain in Hollywood five weeks and then return to his radio
broadcasting in New York.

----

Thank you, Lolly, you old fat drunk.