[78-L] Soupy Sales: One of jazz's best friends is gone

Scott Wenzel scott at mosaicrecords.com
Tue Oct 27 09:15:52 PDT 2009

   I had the pleasure of meeting Soupy at the Jazz Journalist Association
Awards at BBKings a few years ago. It was the first time in years that I had
actually gone up to somebody for their autograph! His show was my favorite
as a 5 year old kid and my folks bought for me "The Mouse" and "Pakalafaka"
(a great spoof) on 45 and the LP "Spy With A Pie". You can still catch some
of his material (as well as Chuck McCann, etc) on youtube. And to make this
"78 friendly" I recently picked up a 78/LP collection from Bob Cahn who was
one of the producers of McCann and I believe Soupy as well.

Scott Wenzel