[78-L] Billy Murray Tribute?!

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 17:19:24 PDT 2009

My message somehow became attached to the posting to which I was  replying.
 Here are my thoughts.

In a message dated 10/26/09 8:17:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
L78rpm at aol.com writes:

I recall  reading his obituary in Variety when he died.  I believe it  was
written by Jim Walsh.  I don't recall seeing a comment on his  passing
anywhere else.  If not for Walsh, there might have been  no obit at  all.
His
death was considered of no significance to  the general  reader of
newspapers.

One has to search hard for  obits of Ada Jones and other recording artists
we care about, unless  they had careers in other  media.

pc