[78-L] Billy Murray Tribute?!

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 17:17:14 PDT 2009

In a message dated 10/26/09 7:52:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bruce78rpm at comcast.net writes:

it was  too bad for Billy Murray,
he was obviously buried in too much of a hurry,
for no plans for a tribute were laid in place,
and 55 years later,  there is still no trace,
of a suitable inscription at this hallowed  ground,
For a truly great Entertainer, who became world renown !
I recall reading his obituary in Variety when he died.  I believe it  was
written by Jim Walsh.  I don't recall seeing a comment on his passing
anywhere else.  If not for Walsh, there might have been no obit at  all.  His
death was considered of no significance to the general  reader of newspapers.

One has to search hard for obits of Ada Jones and other recording artists
we care about, unless they had careers in other media.

pc