[78-L] Majestic Inquiry

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Mon Oct 26 04:50:13 PDT 2009

As many of you know from my previous postings I've been researching the vertical cut Majestic label from 1916-1917.  In 3 cases the announced artist on a record has turned up records with a different artist on that same catalog number.  Only in one case have I found both the original and the replacement artist.  This was catalog number 107.  I'm looking to see if anyone has examples of the other two catalog numbers and who the artist is.  I'm looking for:

117-A  My Wild Irish Rose,    listed as being Charles Harrison but in 3 copies I've seen they are all John Steel.

132-A  Because,  listed as being Lewis Dana Zeidler but in 1 copy I've seen it's Royal Dadmun.

So, if anyone has either of these catalog numbers I'm interested in hearing which version you have and particularly interested in seeing if they exist in the originally advertised form.  If so, I'd be interested in a scan.

Thanks,
Glenn