[78-L] McKinney's Cotton Pickers

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 02:35:57 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Victor HJ 4, McKinney's Cotton Pickers, is all master pressings in the Canadian
> issue, as are (I believe) all the albums in this series, even when they're dubs
> in the US issues. But one side, Blues Sure Have Got Me, is an unissued master.
> Just curious whether it's a dub in the American edition..and how Canada
> happened to have original parts for it. I wonder whether they were on file from
> the 20s or if Victor sent originals to Canada while using dubbed masters at
> home or.....? The remaining sides have the original catalog numbers rubbed out
> (and some of the VEs removed), so the stampers must have been used before.
>
> The unissued side also lacks that little ring just inside the last groove, a
> characteristic common to previously unused stampers pressed in the 40s.
>
> Hmmmm?
>
> dl
=============
Are you saying it's a previously unknown take, or just previously
unissued at the time of HJ 4?

Lord shows it as take -2 issued on 78, but omits the Frog CD reissue,
which also has take -2 and shows it comes from Vic 40-0116.

[M4805-10] McKinney's Cotton Pickers

Camden, N.J., July 29, 1930

64005-2    Blues sure have got me (dr vcl,2)    Vic 40-0116, 62-0084,
RCA (G)LPM10020,
         (F)FPM1-7007, 430721, PM43258, Classics (F)625
         [CD]

     Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4536 (20091023) __________

http://www.eset.com