[78-L] Gennett questions

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Oct 22 18:23:42 PDT 2009

I do not know if this has been reported before, but Gnt 5755 (empty in Ty's ODP)
is the last normal issue in the 5000 series (only followed by the much later recorded Hopi sides,
which also have a different label type (at least on the image in ARLIE).
5755-A by Milton Charles, mx 85248 (from available picture).
Milton Charles recorded for Autograph. For ex. 4010, 5001, 5003.
There is thus a connection with Marsh Labs.

Han Enderman
===
>>> This 85000 matrix series of Gennett's all look like renumbered matrices
from outside sources.
If you're interested (David & Taylor and anyone else) I can send you a
.doc file of the series that has been documented so far. One of the
curious items is that the first number in the series would seem to be (I
say "seem to be" because the fact that I have no earlier numbers does
not mean there are none... then again...) mx. 85044 by Trixie Smith. The
last is mx. 85391 by Elnore Johnson (sic) on Black Patti 8033, which was
not released on Gennett.
I show only 20 entries in this matrix series to date.
Verrrrry curious.
Mal
<<<