[78-L] "HitsByBarron"and"HitsByHutton

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 22 15:27:01 PDT 2009

> The Blue Barron titles were recorded in mid-November, 1941. All of the Elite 'Hits By...' discs were released as singles.
> Eli Oberstein's Classic Record Co. introduced the 50 cent black label Hit in early May 1942. Hit began releasing albums in late July, 1942.
> Elite releases continued to dribble out but they were all reissues of Varsity sides in an X-prefixed series.
> Effective March 1, 1945 Majestic took over the entire operation.
>  DJD

Indeed, I have Lou Breese' "Swamp Fire", which is a sort of "Big Noise"
clone on Hit  no. 7027. Under the disk number, in small letters and in
parentheses is the number 1549, which roughly coincides with the Varsity
side's matrix no. US-1549. I did not listen to them side by side, but
they seem to be the same. The flips, however, do not match.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.