[78-L] A LAUGHING RECORD THAT IS NOT OKEH

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 16 13:25:10 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 16:04 -0400, David Lennick wrote:
> The Lowell Thomas blooper is about something that happened at the Hershey
> Chocolate Factory, "with and without nuts".

I imagine there are several, perhaps many Lowell Thomas bloopers. Kermit
Schafer had one (hey, he had to have at least one authentic blooper on
each record) in which Thomas began talking about a new book written by a
former circus Fat Man who went on a diet after suffering "a near
far--er, FAtal heart attack".

Apparently Thomas was so amused by his near-invocation of flatulance
that he chortled and laughed his way through the next several minutes,
cracking up various others in the process.

MS