[78-L] EARL HINES.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 16 02:41:56 PDT 2009

Hi!

I couldn't disagree more. I saw him play live and he was one of the
most exciting pianists I've ever heard. He was way ahead of his time
and certainly a great partner for Louis Armstrong in the early days.
Try playing 'Weatherbird' and the Savoy Ballroom 5 records of the
late 20s. His big band was likewise ground-breaking!

(This is not just because I share his name!). ;-)

Earl Okin.