[78-L] Okeh & Vocalion issues

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Oct 15 10:43:05 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Rockwell" <malcolm at 78data.com>
> This still does not answer my original question. I'll put it another way
> - were the records to be put on the OKeh label picked by preference from
> the Vocalion catalog, or was the whole Vocalion catalog reissued
> consecutively?
> Thanks for the July 01, 1940 start date. What was the number of the
> "special record"?

1) Presumably.the whole then-extant Vocalion catalog was reissued on
Okeh as they needed additional copies to supply dealers (but unless
someone out there has the applicable monthly supplements, we shall
never know for sure...?!)

2) The "special record" has no catalog number;it's simply titled
someting like "An inportant announcement!"

3) Someone else said the "split" came between 5621 and 5622.

Steven C. Barr