[78-L] Art Tatum 100th birthday

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 11:03:32 PDT 2009

Al
agree 100% - the few occasions he played good "swing" music or relaxed after hours places shows the REAL talent - the other stuff is just so much bull you know what. I mentioned the session on a response to Taylor of the Decca session w Joe Thomas, I do like him there, as well as some duets w Frankie Newton on a private recording - though Newton really takes the honors - Art can play great, when he was not trying to impress - I personally hate those runs etc
Yves