[78-L] how far would you go...

Matthew Duncan duncdude2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 16:28:30 PDT 2009

I don't have any specific criteria for limits on how much to spend on a record...I have records in my collection that have cost me the equivalent of 25 cents or less that are great records and I have spent $100+ on records that are great too....but I don't think I have paid 'over the odds' for any items....some records valued at $1 are great...some are not....there are many $100 or $1000 or even $10000 78s that I would love to own but will have to wait for or may never own....some I would not be bothered about as not all valuable items are good to me or in my sphere of collecting...

If I have the money, I will buy the record and try to make the best decisions in my collecting habits as I can....that's my basic principals..

If I ever got rich I would try to obtain as many rare pre war blues 78s I could when they came available but I would still be sensible where possible.....but if a record that never crops up was $20000 and I had the money, it would get bought....provided I was that rich guy....but til then...I don't save money...I buy records with the money I've got....you can't take yer money with you....

But until I win the lottery or whatever, I will continue buying as many good records as I can for as little money as I can...I do love a bargain!!

Matthew
England, UK.