[78-L] Fw: Glenn Gould on 78

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sat Oct 10 13:59:34 PDT 2009

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: DAVID BURNHAM <burnhamd at rogers.com>
To: 78-L at 78online.com
Sent: Fri, October 9, 2009 3:09:42 PM
Subject: Glenn Gould on 78

That's right - I was going through some 78s the other day and found a 78 with the label saying it was Glenn Gould's "So you want to write a fugue".

That, of course, got me quite excited and I bought the record on the spot.  When I got back to my car, I couldn't wait to take a look at this and see what condition it was in.  There ended the excitment!  What I found was that someone had stuck a Glenn Gould recording which was released on a seven inch square piece of cardboard on to a 78 for support.

But, in a way, it was still Glenn Gould on a 78.

db