[78-L] Mercury 25073 source/date/performer?

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Oct 8 12:21:19 PDT 2009

I do have label images of adjacent issues:
1064 is in Album A-33, 1067 in A-34, and 1071 in A-36.
Labels give these album nrs.
So 1068-1070 may be Album A-35.

Han Enderman
===
>>> Thanks to all  -
  I must be asleep this morning not to have remembered the Keynote
connection - I had a vague memory
or the titles as being on 78, but my lapse permits delving into the MERCURY
78/LP releases -
  Looking at my Keynote listing, I have the release numbers as K-560 through
K-562 in album 139 NEW SONGS OF PALESTINE.
  Are the 1068-1070 numbers the MERCURY 78rpm catalog numbers?  Did Mercury
have their own album number,
or use the Keynote album number, title?
  I'd like to see one of the Mercury labels, if someone has a scan
available.
  I'd also be interested in what other Mercury lp's came from NON-JAZZ
Keynote.  I'm aware of these:
    MG 20007  Richard Dyer-Bennett/Tom Glazer - Olden Ballads
    MG 20008  Tony Kraber/Earl Robinson - The Old Chisholm Trail
    (and now MG 25073).
  Thanks!
Best wishes, Thomas.
<<<