[78-L] Red Rose / Near You - was B sides

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 6 19:19:19 PDT 2009

Kinkle (reliable) and Murrells (six of one) both confirm "Red Rose" as Francis
Craig's theme. Once "Near You" became an unexpected hit (apparently no one had
bothered to select a tune for the other side and this was chosen at random) it
might make sense for Craig to adopt it as a new theme song if he got back into
the band business. It was definitely Milton Berle's closing theme.

dl