[78-L] Red Rose / Near You - was B sides

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 19:04:53 PDT 2009

Red Rose (Craig) was on Bullet 1001 A
and
Near You (Craig-Goell) was on 1001 B
so that establishes the A/B relationship, but I have collected big band theme songs for decades and this is the first time I've ever heard of Red Rose being Craig's theme song.

Not that I doubt your word on the subject, I can easily see how this one would slip under the radar of George T Simon's list and others I've seen.  If I can get one more vote for Red Rose being Craig's theme song, I'll wash my copy, play it and think about using it on my show some day.

I have seen Near You listed as his theme, but that came from the same source that listed Got a Date With an Angel as Kemp's theme, so I doubted Near You immediately.  This, however, would explain the confusion.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.