[78-L] More on cleaning lacquers

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun Oct 4 07:42:38 PDT 2009

My father, who is a chemist and retired conservation scientist for the Getty Institute, recommended a cleaning solution to use on lacquer reference discs. He recommends a diluted solution of distilled water and Triton X-100, which is the brand name for Octyl Phenoxy Polyethoxyethanol. He recommends applying it with a thin paint brush, which treats the grooves gently and won't leave any lint. Don't know if anyone is familiar with this method or not, but I'm going to give it a try.

Cary Ginell