[78-L] A "Goons" 78...?!

Martin Fenton mafenton at talktalk.net
Sun Oct 4 05:42:36 PDT 2009

I forgot this one:

David Lennick wrote:

> came "Songs for Swinging Sellers", which as far as I know was also only mono on
> Parlophone but which was obviously recorded in stereo, since (a) it was
> reissued in stereo later as EMI NTS 136

Issued in stereo simultaneously with the mono. PCS 3003. I had it on
gold label (a friend had the later yellow/black label, so it was in
catalogue for a while.) I sold it when I got the CD - none of that
horrendous end-of-side distortion there!

"Best of Sellers" stayed in catalogue as a 10" for many years, too - I
have it with both black/gold and black/yellow labels.

> The ten-incher was reissued as a twelve-incher, still in mono, as Starline MRS
> 5157.

Parlophone Australia issued it in 12" first time around, I believe. (At
least I've seen it with their variant of the black/gold label in 12".)

Hope this helps,

Mart.