[78-L] Jean Robert - The European Hawkins2

Hans en Corrie koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Fri Sep 25 22:37:01 PDT 2009

One of the most important saxophone players of Belgium must have been Jean
Robert. Although he played in numerous bands and recording sessions and with
a more then 40 years career in music, he seems now complete forgotten by the
younger generation. What a shame!  Coleman Hawkins labelled him in the 1930s
as the best tenor saxophone players of Europe.
Thanks to his grandchildren I can share with you some photos from Jean
Robert's own personal archive. Some people on the photo's were easily to
identify; others not - that's why we ask for your help identifying the
musicians on the pictures: http://keepswinging.blogspot.com

Durium