[78-L] Jean Robert - The European Hawkins

Hans en Corrie koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Sep 23 22:55:09 PDT 2009

One of the most important saxophone players of Belgium must have been Jean Robert. Although he played in numerous bands and recording sessions and with a more then 40 years career in music, he seems now complete forgotten by the younger generation. What a shame!  Coleman Hawkins labelled him in the 1930s as the best tenor saxophone players of Europe.
Thanks to his grandchildren I can share with you some photos from Jean Robert's own personal archive. Some people on the photo's were easily to identify; others not - that's why we ask for your help identifying the musicians on the pictures.

Jean Robert

Keep swinging

Durium