[78-L] Upcoming Steinweiss book

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Sep 25 13:29:32 PDT 2009

I have the very first one done in hillbilly music. It's a Jimmie Rodgers album. It has Rodgers's name on the front and liner notes on the inside cover which shows Rodgers to be still alive at the time, meaning it was produced prior to May 1933. The album cover is depicted in the CMF "Encyclopedia of Country Music," although they used one in much worse condition than the one I have. I guess you were just supposed to put any Rodgers records inside it. I have a later album of this nature of Gene Autry Conqueror discs; also with no specific titles or disc numbers in mind, but a cover photo of Gene. Probably issued no later than 1940.

Cary Ginell