[78-L] Upcoming Steinweiss book

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Fri Sep 25 13:25:47 PDT 2009

Yes, they did. Those are the album covers Steinweiss is alleged to have invented, 78 albums. But typically, before Steinweiss and other pioneers (AND OTHER PIONEERS, I will preemptively yell) started putting pictures on the front, they weren't sold with the records, but rather as separate blank albums. Indeed, if I'm not mistaken, the first pictorial 78 albums were sold empty, to be filled with discs by the purchaser, sort of like stamp or coin albums, which they were I think modeled on.