[78-L] Grammatically incorrect

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 04:42:56 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Julian Vein wrote:
>> Jack Palmer wrote:
>>> David,
>>>     Well in my 85 years I never heard you couldn't start a sentence with
>>> "but"..    Jack
>> ==========
>> Have you noticed that when radio and TV journalists on location are
>> asked a question, they invariably start with "Well..."? When they don't
>> it's obvious that they've made a deliberate effort not to do so.
>>
>>        Julian Vein
>
> And then there's "basically".
>
> dl

"Sort of", "You know what I mean?", "Fantastic!" (for anything that's
better than mediocre),

The superfluous use of "different" ("I have six different copies of 'How
Much Is That Doggie In The Window'").

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4449 (20090923) __________

http://www.eset.com