[78-L] Musicraft Records (was MAJESTIC Records questions)

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Mon Sep 21 10:21:38 PDT 2009

The Buffalo Philharmonic is session number 144, mxs 5825 thru 5840, inclusive - Dec 4, 1946.

Re the Cantor: Yes, it was a children's album, or at least, intended to be.  I've never actually seen the 78 rpm album, if it exists.  The titles were issued on a budget LP - Royale, or some similar label that had reissued Musicraft masters.  Does the 78 rpm album on Musicraft label actually exist?  If so, what is the set number and what are the catalog numbers of the records that make up the set?

Would like to know what Musicraft mxs 5843 thru 5922 are - roughly latter part of Dec 1946 thru mid-Oct 1947.  Likewise, mx 6079 thru 6123.  That's a large stretch, but accounts for only two recording sessions: numbers 194 & 195.

As previously stated, session 196, Carl Sandberg - mxs 6124 thru 6133 - July 1, 1948 is the last regularly numbered session for which I had copies of the recording sheets.  The prior session for which I had documentations was number 193 - King Odom Quartet & Polka Dots - mxs 6075 thru 6078 - Jan 12, 1948.  Between the two sessions were 45 matrices, which means that at least one of the two intervening sessions was a relatively monumental undertaking.

Art