[78-L] Grammatically incorrect

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 19 08:15:09 PDT 2009

Read any newspaper..writers and editors are comma happy. I find many stories
with far too many commas inserted (and let's not get into the plural verbs that
invariably follow "none" and other horrors).

I had a comma-happy idiot editing my liner notes at Intersound. They'd fax me
the proofs but always too late. Tough bananas.

I also worked for a station whose program director would call you into his
office any time you used the phrase "of course". "It implies that the listener
is dumber than you are." Well of course he is, you jerk..otherwise he'd be the
one on the radio!

dl