[78-L] Asch release

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Sep 19 06:39:05 PDT 2009

No, the album cover gives credit as I described (if you want the images I can mail them):
the credit is on the album as (The) Memphis 5/Five. Notes list Signorelli & Napoleon as
"the band's anchor men" and mention S. as composer.

Signorelli is given as credit in dg pres. since he is the first person listed on the label.
I couldn't find this session in Jepsen (not under Signorelli or (Orig) Memphis 5), but it is
in Bruyninckx (CD) in the same way as given by you for Lord.

Oddly, the notes state: "The band's personnel, besides Signorelli and Napoleon, are...
...Gordon (Chriss [sic]) Griffin, trumpet; ...". But no Napoleon on label (and I assume
there is only 1 tp ?) of 365-1A (Lime House). HOWEVER, Nap is listed as the only tp on
365-1-B (Between...) label ! Griffin again on 365-3A/B, but how about 365-2 ??

Han Enderman
===
>>> Han Enderman wrote:
> Indeed, Stinson 365-1 labels are Lime House Blues [sic] / Between...
> But actually there is no credit on the blue Stinson labels, only a personnel.
> "Memphis Five Favorites" (at 9h, below catnr) is album title (which is
> "Memphis 5 Favorites" on front cover and "The Memphis Five's Favorites" on inside.
> This applies to 365-1 & -3 labels (-2 not available).
> Inside lists title as "Sour Puss Hannah From Eluventh St." (from mediocre scan).
>
> Han Enderman
> ===
Yes, you're right Han, there is no label credit. Presumably the album
cover (if there were one) listed it as Frank Signorelli.

      Julian Vein
<<<