[78-L] Starr-Gennett Walk Of Fame (Part 2)

Bill Knowlton udmacon1 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 16:15:33 PDT 2009

In my haste to report on the installations in the Starr-Gennett Walk of Fame last Saturday in Richmond, IN, I failed to mention that I had the honor of presenting Wendell Hall in the proceedings, and for Bradley Kincaid I joined his son Jim in the ceremony.

Speaking of Gennett Records, I see in Hoffman-Carty-Riggs bio of Billy Murray that he recorded "I'll See You In C-U-B-A" for Gennett in 1920.

Do any Listers have information on any other Gennett cuts Billy might have made? I'd like to put his name in for a future plaque in the Walk Of Fame

AND--if there are any Gennett-Champion sessions by other recording pioneers---Henry Burr, Irving Kaufman, Arthur Fields, etc.--I'd sure like to know about them.

Thanks!

BILL KNOWLTON, "Bluegrass Ramble," Sundays: 9 pm to midnight (EST) over WCNY-FM (91.3) Syracuse, WUNY (89.5) Utica, WJNY (90.9) Watertown NY, also: www.wcny.org udmacon1 at hotmail.com  Since 1973!
PO Box 2400, Syracuse NY 13220-2400. 315-457-6100
"One wag, in faint praise, once remarked that MOXIE kills the taste of egg salad. Another opined that MOXIE has the flavor of Livoris with a dash of onion. And one otherwise refined lady claims that MOXIE tastes like a dirty ashtray. Which raises the question: how many ashtrays has she lapped lately?!" --The Book Of Moxie, by Frank N. Potter

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me