[78-L] Bad news day

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Sep 17 20:14:48 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>
> I've seen Pizza, Poo, & Magpie (that's what we called them in the Folklore
> world) in concert several times. Always entertaining and uplifting. "Puff"
> (which was NOT about drugs) was one of the first folk records I ever
> heard.

I saw them several times at Illinois State University; I always enjoyed
their live performances,
where they functioned (somewhat) as a "comedy act!" One of the male members
(long forgotten
WHICH one?!) was talented at imitating sounds; at one show I attended, he
announced
that he "would now do an old american standard," and then gave out with a
perfect sonic
imitation of a toilet (thus "American Standard"?!) flushing...!

Steven C. Barr