[78-L] Blockbuster dying??

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Sep 16 14:44:09 PDT 2009

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Amazing..YouTube shuts down my system just about every time but
> Google Video is playing "De Duva" perfectly.

HYSTERICAL!  Brings back memories of a grad class I had in Bergman films
taught by a grad assistant who was writing his dissertation on Bergman
and used the class to get the funding and the reason to rent the 16mm
prints of a dozen Bergman films so that he could also analyze them on a
pair of manual rewinds.

I've been looking for some of the productions of the "Broadway on
Showtime" series from the early 80s, especially "Robber Bridegroom" with
Marjoe and Kaye Ballard.  I recorded the audio, but the last time they
aired it was a month or two before I got my first home VCR in mid 1982.
I found one guy with it with a web site of a lot of broadway bootlegs,
but he only trades and there is no contact info on his site -- I think
he is laying low.  I did find a very interesting video dealer a couple
of weeks ago at the Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Convention who has some very
obscure things and seemed interested in trying to trade with that guy.
I haven't gotten around to getting back to him with the info.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3803584387889303730#

 > One of these years I'll make it into this century..I'm still not
through with
 > the last one yet.
 >
 > dl
 >
 > Bud Black wrote:
 >> Lou Duva's wife?

DVD,
 >> hacking
 >> your player is very simple in most instances.)
 >>
 >> Funny about some films not being available in any form. "A Woman
Called