[78-L] Blockbuster dying??

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 16 13:23:51 PDT 2009

You couldn't pay me to go into another Blockbuster store even if they gave away
free inflatable women. Attitude, product, the rumor (true?) that the Religious
Right was responsible for them renting edited versions of some films, managers
under 20 years old..there's only one store I ever rent from, an independent
place that's always had a wide variety of popular material and hard to find
stuff. And at that, I may go there once a year..just too much available from
other sources, on Turner, or ludicrously low priced via Amazon and Deep
Discount or even in the rack at the checkout counter at Tops Supermarket where
I found "Li'l Abner" (the musical) for 5 bucks last month.

Good riddance.

dl