[78-L] Todays bargoon

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Sep 15 23:23:05 PDT 2009

From: "Bob Rice" <bobrice at snet.net>
> WTF!? Throw it away, It's WORTHLESS!
> Bob, got a buncha WHOLE 78's that WILL play!

But do you have samples of THESE labels???  (I posted the URL of another
record he is selling, so there are two to consider.) I don't know
Japanese records nor what the contents of these are, but I have a
feeling these might be acoustical and might be rather rare and unusual
labels even in Japan.  These photos do give most of the appropriate
discographical info to Japanese discographers, but we who don't read or
speak Japanese don't know what the contents are until hearing, at least
what is left.  And as I said in my previous posting, these might be the
type of oriental record that only need be played for 15 seconds or so to
get the idea.  Yes it is nice to have an unbroken record, but for
discographical purposes if it is rare this will still give the info.
And 100 yen is about 91 cents U.S. today.  (The postage is a killer
however, and the photos are good enough for me!)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com