[78-L] Extra long Lps, was Re: 10" vs. 12" LPs

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Sun Sep 13 11:11:05 PDT 2009

What about the Trimicron MDR LPs ? Up to 60 minutes of music in stereo
per side.
MDR was E. Rabe's process (Magnetic Disc Recording).

MDR also invented a videodisc system (12", 20 minutes per side,
120rpm). It was demonstrated in Paris in 1974; the same machine could
be used to play LPs, too.

I've never seen an evaluation of the system in print, but I own several
of their 12" and 7" records.

BC