[78-L] The Beatles on 78

goldenbough at arcor.de goldenbough at arcor.de
Sun Sep 13 11:11:34 PDT 2009

1) Last week I mentioned on this list that one specific record pressing plant may be
willing to press shellac 78s again.
2) A year or two ago I mentioned on the old list the name and address of this record
pressing plant in Dresden (Germany)
3) Contacting EMI in India will not be fruitful, because the Dum Dum plant was scrapped
(with all archives) around 1975. Otherwise: contact Mr. Santholia, of Calcutta (I mean
'Kolkata' as it is spelled now), he was with EMI, his father was the chief engineer at
Dum Dum. Contact via the Indian Society of Record Collectors.
4) Why does nobody mention the Indian Beach Boys shellac 78? Not that it would be
musically any better, but it is much later.
Benno

Noch keine Pläne für das nächste Wochenende? Klicken Sie rein in den neuen Veranstaltungskalender auf arcor.de: http://events.arcor.de/